Thursday, April 13, 2006

Rome, Italy via Civitavecchia

Civitavecchia, Italy. Port city for Rome. We have been all over, through and around Rome and a bunch of the area around. It is normally an hour and a half ride from the port to Rome. This is Easter week. It will be a mob scene and take twice as long. We decided to just go into the port town and walk around.

It was very cold this morning, about 48 degrees when we got up. The sun was out brightly so I kept delaying going out until it got a little warmer. By the time I got done waiting for it to get warm out, it was already lunch time. Gotta have lunch.

After lunch we finally went ashore and got on a shuttle bus for the 3 block walk into town.

Oh darn! You have no idea how upset I was. By the time we got there all the stores were closing up for nappy time and would not reopen until about 4:00 PM. We would be unable to buy a thing. How sad. I don’t know how I will ever get over it. That’s two days in a row this most terrible thing has worked out just right, I mean befell us.

We walked around for a while and went back on the shuttle. Today is the first day we get free internet so I spent some time there.

Highly Disappointed Sherm Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web worldcruise2006.blogspot.com