Thursday, April 06, 2006

Suez, Egypt

Suez, Egypt. This is really just a commercial port town with nothing of interest to tourists. We made a stop here for those wishing to take an overnight bus trip to Cairo. We intend to do a world cruise again next year and that one goes to Cairo, so no use for a long bus trip today.

There is a shuttle into town but there is nothing but a grocery and a few stores for the locals. This is, however, the filthiest port we have been in yet. The entire dock is covered with oil.

Nothing special happened today but I did get a letter of inquiry that you might like to see, or not. Here it is anyhow.

This is the email to me:

You did not mention if you ran into Charleton Heston (Moses) while you were there. Did any of the locals offer you Matza ? Inquireing minds want to know. It is the season!
Marty

This is my reply:

No, Chucky was no where to be found, however, funny you should mention. According to the bible, Petra is the place where Mo hit a rock with his staff and made water come out. Mo’s brother is also buried there. We saw the monument at the top of a mountain. I don’t have my papers here and I can’t remember if Mo’s brother’s name was Larry or Curley.

There is an awful lot of sand but I don’t know how anyone could get lost for 40 years here. It is an awfully small desert. I think the navigator must have been fooling around and was afraid to go back to his wife.

Found no matzo but the pita at lunch was great.

Resting Sherm Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web worldcruise2006.blogspot.com