Saturday, February 18, 2006

Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia and Happy Birthday

This is a sea day. Up until three years ago, this would have been my birthday, But Ari took it. That’s okay because I didn’t want to get any older and she still does. For those of you that might not remember, Ari Hannah is the daughter of my son Adam and his wife Debra. Even though I am no longer having birthdays, some folks insist on still honoring me when they would have been.

Muriel got me a World Cruse hat and shirt. Isn’t she sweet. I might just have to stop saying all those terrible things about her. Naaaaaaaa. It’s too much fun.

The ship had my Happy Birthday wishes on TV all day. Before dinner the bell for our suite was ringing. The butler came with a Happy Birthday cake, a good bottle of Champagne, and card, sent by my kids and my Florida slave. It was delicious too. Thank you guys.

For dinner we had reservations at Signatures, the French restaurant. There were a total of eight of us. Friends we had met, Lynn and Nick, joined us along with our usual bunch. Lynn had written me a very nice card. Everyone toasted my Birthday and congratulated me several times. As always, the food and service was unbelievable. Everyone was remarking we will never be able to find a restaurant this good at home. After remarkable desserts they brought me another Birthday Cake with candles and my name on it. This was a whip cream chocolate cream cake. Had to try it also.

We were now docked in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia. There is a shuttle bus parked outside to take us into town but I think we will pass tonight and do it after a train tour tomorrow morning.

It has been very calm for these last two days, on the South China Sea, and today we traveled very slowly for most of the time as this is a shallow area with reefs and islands everywhere. Some of these islands, less then a mile across, have houses on them.

At 4:00 PM I went back to the doctor for my revisit he requested. He checked me out and found I had another $50 too much. He assured me I would be much better when he extracted same. My blood sugar had gone sky high since I had taken his meds. He did not have a clue nor could I understand much of whatever language it was that he spoke. I also told him that he had given me cough drops that were almost pure glucose. He said something like, Oh sorry, Mistake, and gave me some sugar free ones that don’t taste good. Art was now getting sick also. I warned him to stay away from the doctor.

Tonight as we walked into the suite we found balloons, and a towel made into an animal. Next to it was a hand written card from my butler and the maid wishing me a Happy Birthday.

This was a nice day and a great birthday.

No More Birthdays Sherm Out.

(Posted on behalf of Sherman Rootberg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web worldcruise2006.blogspot.com