Monday, January 02, 2006

Puntarinas, Costa Rica

I think we survived New Years but I’m still not sure. It started with dinner again. I had made reservations in the fancy French restaurant, Signatures. The food was far too good for Humans. I’ll just mention perfect Goose Liver that comes from a goose that has been force fed booze. Obviously I don’t know how to spell fau grau. That was with fried grapes and super nummy sauce. Then the best Vicheyswa [sp] ever. Then there was the main course. I had the Rack of Lamb encrusted in dates and nuts. I won’t bother with the rest. It just causes indigestion.

After dinner we went to the main theater and saw a very good singer. Finally we went up on deck for the New Years Party. They had people walking around with all kinds of junk to try to feed us again. Almost none was touched even though it looked so good. Any kind of booze and Champaign was flowing like water. There were half a dozen singers form the shows at the main theater plus the weekly entertainers and a full band. Believe it or not, we boogied until well after midnight. Well it was a little after midnight, maybe 12:30. Then we passed out until today. Okay, not quite, because I remember the Oysters Rockefeller for dinner last night and another cocktail party before dinner.


Small world. The people running the party for Virtuoso travel turn out to be my neighbor, right across the street, aunt and uncle.

As for those writing back about this sounding like a eating cruise, I think you may just be right. It has taken me about a week, but I finally did it. The only thing that still fits me is my hat. So Bobbi had me locked in my suite with no food until I lost enough weight for something to fit. But I fooled her and ordered room service. Boy that stuff is good. Now I can’t fit out the suite door. I have to go out on my balcony where they put up a ladder and I can climb down to the deck below where there are double doors to enter the upper loby.

Today we are in Puntarinas, on the Pacific side of Costa Rica. We have been here before. It is a beach and vacation place for the locals as well as a medium size city. It s not a weekend or holiday so they did not have much to sell in the stands along the shore. It was just a pleasant walk. We leave about 4:30

(Posted on behalf of Sherman Rootberg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web worldcruise2006.blogspot.com