Monday, January 23, 2006

Hey! No Bald Jokes!

Today is a sea day again. Nothing really exciting. We do have a troop of Polynesian dancers, singers and musicians aboard. At lunch time they played in the buffet restaurant. They are very good.

I had made reservations at the specialty restaurant for dinner. They had been closed for two days to decorate and they had a special Polynesian menu, but only for one week. That means less then half the passengers can possibly have dinner there.

The decorating was great. They had bought palm fronds from one of the islands and woven it into floor to ceiling size sheets and covered all the walls with them. There were Polynesian screens and other directions such as stalks of bananas all over.

The Polynesian troop played, danced and sang all through dinner. These girls were wiggling body parts that I’m sure I don’t even have. There was one cute one that was willing to let me take her home for a souvenir but Bobbi said no souvenirs. I said please but Bobbi got one of her looks that clearly said I’m going to kill you, so I gave up.

The entertainment tonight was a an Israeli woman we had seen on a cruise just a year ago. We had spent time talking to her and even had a lunch and dinner with her at that time. She is fantastic. She sings and is a great comedian. She went into the audience and picked on me among others. She did some bald jokes. Lets see. This is how it went. Men who are bald in the back of their heads are smart. Men who are bald on the front and back of their heads are also sexy. Men who have completely bald heads just think they are sexy. Next she asks me where I am from. I replied, “The 7th floor.” That got a laugh out of the crowd and she gave me a high 5 and went on to torment others. She got a double standing ovation at the end of the show.

Bobbi got new diamond earrings in the ship store today. She had broken the stem on the ones she wore daily. Personally I think she really stepped on them so I would get her new ones. Then she pretends she is doing me a favor by letting me buy them for her. How nice of her.

7th Floor Sherm Out

(Posted on behalf of Sherman Rootberg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web worldcruise2006.blogspot.com